Editor’s Voice: January – welcome to 2013!
On the first day back in the New Year, pharmaphorum’s Assistant Editor shares her content highlights from December’s partnerships &, licensing month, as well as what’s coming up in January and beyond.
Welcome back everyone! I’d like to start by saying a big Happy New Year from pharmaphorum to all of our followers and we hope you all had a good break.
Before we get started on what’s coming up on pharmaphorum in 2013, I’d like to share my content highlights from December. If you cast your mind back to before all the holiday festivities, December was our partnerships &, licensing focus month. We featured some interesting and insightful content from a variety of different aspects within these topics, including pharma, biotech and academia.
Here are my content highlights from December:-
• PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Jo Pisani gives us an overview of the different types of collaborations within the industry.
• In “Pharma partnerships: Sanofi experimenting a new collaborative model”, we get the lowdown on a first-of-its-kind pilot partnership initiative from Mohammed Charki.
• Julia Skripka-Sherry, from Bioassociates, said it was time to forget in-house R&,D in her article, and to instead enter the fully outsourced drug discovery model.
• The University of Manchester Intellectual Property’s Rich Ferrie shared his thoughts in “Spin-out biotechs: bridging the gap between academia and pharma”.
• Alex Butler reviews his digital healthcare predictions for 2012, which he published with pharmaphorum in December last year.
“We have now finalised our editorial calendar for the first four months of 2013 – take a look…”
• As pharma industry leaders steer companies in new directions, pharmaphorum’s Paul Tunnah speaks with David-Alexandre Gros, Chief Strategy Officer for Sanofi, to hear his vision for the future.
• One of our regular authors, Daniel Ghinn, takes a look at the top twelve pharma users of the social media channel, YouTube, ranked by total video views.
• pharmaphorum speaks with rare disease advocate and e-patient, Marianne Vennitti, in our latest patient perspectives interview.
The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to reflect on the past year and to make resolutions that you wish to keep in 2013. Here at pharmaphorum, we thought we’d also reflect on the content highlights from the whole of 2012, so we can see what’s popular and have a think about how to reiterate this in 2013.
So here’s a list of our ten most-viewed articles in 2012:
What does 2013 have in store for pharmaphorum?
We have now finalised our editorial calendar for the first four months of 2013 – take a look below to see if any are of interest. You’ll notice that there’s not one, but two, focus topics for each month. This is because we have decided to branch our content out further by publishing content on both a discipline focus and also a disease focus.
If you are interested in contributing an exclusive, thought leadership article to any of the focus topics from February onwards, please get in touch. We’d also like to hear from you if you have any ideas regarding specific article topics you’d like us to cover or interesting people you think we should be speaking to – all ideas are very welcome, although we can’t promise that every idea will be fulfilled.
“We are really excited about all the content we have lined up for this month…”
As you can see, January will focus on medical communications, as well as gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders. We are really excited about all the content we have lined up for this month – for the first time ever, we’ll be publishing almost three to four pieces every working day. We’re not lying when we say it’s going to be busy!
Don’t miss… an anonymous interview series for Doctors.net.uk, to articles from AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly, UEMS-EACCME , Compliant Ventures, Wellmark and Asterisco Healthcare, as well as an interview with the ex-Editor of the BMJ. And that’s just to name a few…
Throughout 2013, we will also be publishing general pharmaceutical and healthcare content, as well as continuing some of our regular series from 2012, including ‘physician perspectives’, ‘patient perspectives’, ‘a history of’ and ‘spotlight on’, as well as a few new ones, so watch this space!
Until next month, enjoy…
About the author:
Hannah joined pharmaphorum in early 2012, after graduating with a degree in Magazine Journalism &, Feature Writing in 2011, and leads our news coverage, in addition to liaising with new and existing feature authors. With over three years’ experience working within the journalism industry alongside university, Hannah has written for a number of different print and online publications, within the women’s lifestyle, travel and celebrity sectors. Now focussed on the pharma sector with her role at pharmaphorum, Hannah is embracing the challenges of working within a fast growing media organisation in this rapidly changing industry sector.
What are your 2013 New Year’s resolutions?