Blood-Brain Barrier Summit | June 28-30, 2021
The Blood-Brain Barrier Summit will take place online from June 28-30, 2021. This Hanson Wade event is aimed at experts looking to deliver CNS drug candidates safely and successfully across the blood-brain barrier (BBB). It will enable them understand the biology of the BBB, explore the latest technological innovations and develop more predictive preclinical models.
An Industry-focused Meeting
The Blood-Brain Barrier Summit is the industry’s first meeting dedicated to targeting the blood-brain barrier in order to develop clinically efficacious therapeutics for CNS indications.
To achieve this, the agenda will allow delegates to:
- Explore the translation of BBB-penetrating antibodies to non-human primates, and new possibilities for in vivo brain imaging of antibody neuropharamacokinetics
- Uncover advances in CNS gene therapy, new generation vectors for intravenous delivery, and the challenges of scaling up for CNS delivery beyond highly specialized centers
- Discover the role of neural extracellular vesicles in non-invasive CNS drug delivery, and how the properties of extracellular vesicles can be enhanced with unique surface modifications
- Hear how focused ultrasound has been used to target the striatum in patients with Parkinson’s Disease, and learn the main obstacles to these techniques as well as what’s next on the horizon
- Hear the challenges and opportunities in nanoparticle engineering for brain targeting, and discuss the fast delivery of nucleic acid medicines (siRNA, mRNA) and peptide cargoes to the brain parenchyma on intravenous injection
- Uncover current controversies and progress in human induced pluripotent stem cell derived brain endothelial cells and various approaches to driving innovation in models of the BBB
A Meeting Point for the Field’s Experts
This event will gather 80+ industry experts from AbbVie, Alector, Biogen, Denali, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Genentech, Janssen, Merck, Novartis, Roche, Sanofi and more, making it a unique opportunity to network with the experts of the industry. The high concentration of scientists who face similar challenges makes this Summit so essential to the development of the field. The scientific community will gather to discuss the translational challenges hindering drug developers working on different drug delivery approaches, and explore new approaches, such as gene therapy, to identify potential clinical success.
3-day Conference | June 28-30, 2021
The event is comprised of a full day of Workshops on June 28, followed by a two-day conference. For any additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download the full event guide at www.blood-brain-barrier-summit.com
About Hanson Wade
Hanson Wade works in highly specialized fields to provide unmatched depth and quality of content. They work in sectors where quality of information is the difference between success and failure. Their conferences span high growth fields from pioneering life science, to technology-augmented construction and are built where rapid change leads to greater opportunity for those that are most informed.