Spotlight on Key Sessions at Ophthalmic Drugs this November
Featuring an exceptional line-up of keynote speakers from industry leading organisations, Europe’s leading conference on Ophthalmic Drugs arrives at the perfect time to discuss the latest approaches in key areas such as ocular diseases, drug delivery, pre-clinical and clinical trials, computer technologies and therapies for diabetic macular oedema. www.ophthalmicdrugs.com/phpr
Agenda highlights will include a spotlight on dry eyes, therapies for glaucoma and emerging computer technologies to drug development in ophthalmology.
Spotlight Summary on Sessions:[OPENING ADDRESS] – Novel LFA-1 Antagonist for treatment of Dry Eye Disease – Results from 5 adequate and well controlled trials of Lifitegrast
– Challenges in drug development for Dry Eye disease.
– Development Rationale behind lifitegrast.
– Clinical results from four 12-week efficacy and safety studies and one long term (1-year) safety study.
Amir’s talk will discuss the novel approaches to the treatment of ocular diseases, based on the development of lifitegrast, and clinical results from short and long term safety studies. Attendees can benefit and be inspired, as Amir will also provide rationale behind the development of lifitegrast.
Amir Shojaei, Vice President Therapeutic Area Head, Ophthalmology, Shire[PANEL DISCUSSION] – Applications of emerging computer technologies to drug development
This exclusive Panel Discussion being chaired by Almira Chabi, Senior Director from Santen Inc with panellists from Roche and PharmaMedic, will be discussing:
– The applications of emerging computer technologies to drug development.
– Applications of blockchain in pharma and drug development.
– The changing regulatory landscape in the context of emerging technologies in ophthalmology.
Almira Chabi, Senior Director, Santen Inc
Francis Kendall, Technology Evaluation and Integration Leader Strategic Innovation, Roche
Malcolm Barratt-Johnson, Managing Director, PharmaMedic Consultancy Ltd
Novel Prostaglandins, Conjugate Products and MIGS for Glaucoma Treatment
– Omidenepag Isopropyl: a novel agonist of prostaglandin EP2 receptors to lower IOP.
– The use of conjugate drugs and combination products.
– InnFocus Microshunt MIGS Device for robust IOP reduction.
Naj Sharif, Executive Director in R&D, Head, Global Alliances & External Research, Santen Inc
Here from an exceptional speaker line-up, including:
– Mitchell de Long, Vice President, Chemistry, Aerie Pharmaceuticals
– Sérgio Leal, Ophthalmologist Director, Global Clinical Leader, Bayer
– Victor Chong, Global Head of Ophthalmology, Boehringer Ingelheim
– Tomas Navratil, Senior Vice President, Development, Envisia Therapeutics
– Aniz Girach, Chief Medical Officer, NightstaRx
– Bernhard Gunther, Co-Founder, Chief Innovation Officer, Novaliq GmbH
Further information is available at: www.ophthalmicdrugs.com/phpr
For those looking to attend there is currently a £100 early-bird saving by October 31st
SMi Presents the Launch of…
Date: 28th – 29th November 2017
Location: Kensington, London
Sponsored by: Leica Microsystems | Experimentica
For all media inquiries contact Pavan Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk