HPAPI 2020 Conference – Programme Announced
SMi Group are pleased to announce that the 4th annual Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (HPAPI) conference will commence in London on 11th May 2020.
The two-day event will focus on the growing HPAPI landscape, driven by the demand for highly potent drugs in oncology, diabetes and autoimmune disease treatment. Delegates will explore the biggest challenges the industry is facing, such as determining toxicology limits, assessing hazards, implementing risk procedures, translating risk assessment into facility engineering, preventing and dealing with cross-contamination and adhering to GMP regulatory guidelines.
- Explore HPAPI manufacturing with 8 big pharma from both the toxic substance and the employees’ perspective
- Gain better understanding of human factors and ergonomics aspects and their role in improving production performance with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Deep dive into the oncology market and ADC production, the main driver of the HPAPI industry
- Learn what it takes to create a safety company culture and how to better train your employees on risk perception
- Justin Mason-Home, Director, HPAPI Project Services Limited
- Pascal Michoux, Vice President, Global EHS Teva api & Biologics, Teva API Italy
- William Hawkins, Manager Occupation Toxicology, GSK
- Brian Edwards, Chair, Pharmaceutical Human Factors Group, CIEHF
- Thomas Adam, Head of GQA Chemical APIs, Bayer AG
- Ildikó Ziegler, QA Manager, Gedeon Richter
- Francois D’Hooge, ADC Project Manager, Gamamabs Pharma
- Andreas Schreiner, Head of Validation, Novartis
There will also be a post-conference workshop day on the 13th of May 2020 which will feature two half-day workshops on “Practical Steps for Delivering HPAPI Projects” and “A Roadmap to Enhancing Organisational Safety in HPAPI Manufacturing: A Human Factors Perspective.”
The event brochure with the agenda and speaker line-up is available to download from the website.
Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
Main conference: 11th-12th May 2020
Post-conference workshop day: 13th May 2020