Agenda released for Controlled Release Delivery 2018
Building on the success of previous events, SMi has announced the return of its 15th annual Controlled Release Delivery, taking place on 21st and 22nd March in London, UK.
An industry-leading show, the conference has been running for 15 years – a testament of how vital this particular focus is to the biotech and pharma sector. As physicians and scientists continue to find strategies to assist in simplifying treatment schedules for patients, a pharma focus continues to move towards innovative controlled release technologies to improve drug transport to target.
Moreover, with the global oral controlled release drug delivery technology market expected to flourish in the next 10 years, the conference aims to explore and to understand innovations in oral-lipid based and abuse deterrent formulations, nanoparticles and nanotechnologies, taste-masking and controlled release approaches, 3D printed dosage forms and functional film coats.
Event highlights will include sessions on
- formulation of Controlled Release Delivery Technologies and improving the design of new controlled release delivery systems;
- innovative additions to Oral Controlled Release Delivery Technologies, to improve the pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic properties of the drug;
- latest regulation guidance and their implications for the pharmaceutical industry; and
- clinical developments and lessons learnt during clinical trials, through case studies with top pharmaceutical companies.
Featured speakers include:
- Howard Stevens, Emeritus Professor, University of Strathclyde
- Joël Richard, Senior Vice President, Peptides Development, Ipsen
- Mohamed Albed Alhnan, Senior Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire
- Pavel Farkas, Senior Director – Biopharmaceutics/ Clinical Development, PLIVA
- Barry Friend, Sr. Technical Manager, Colorcon
- Sebastian Schwier, Project Director / Int. Technical Project Leader, Grünenthal
- Karsten Lindhardt, CSO, Head R&D, Egalet
- Teofilo Vasconcelos, Formulation Manager, Bial
- Guillaume Saint-Pierre, Chief Executive Officer and Cofounder, PeptiGelDesign
…and more. The full roster of speakers can be found on www.controlledreleasedelivery.com/pharmaphorum.
For those interested to attend, registration is now live on the event website and there is currently an Early Bird Discount of £400 which expires on 30 November 2017.
15th Controlled Release Delivery Conference
21-22 March 2018
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
— END —
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk