AstraZeneca’s new CEO shakes up leadership team
AstraZeneca has revealed it has expanded membership of its Senior Executive Team, which comes into effect immediately. The new changes include increased representation of the company’s scientific expertise, key products and key markets.
The changes include the creation of:
• Three senior research and development roles responsible for discovery and early stage development in small molecules, discovery and early stage development in biologics, and late stage development.
• Three roles representing the commercial regions: North America, Europe and International.
• A role responsible for global portfolio and product strategy, bridging between the R&,D and sales organisation.
As a result of these changes, two senior roles – President of Research and Development, held by Martin Mackay, and Executive Vice President, Global Commercial, held by Tony Zook – have been eliminated. Martin Mackay and Tony Zook will leave the company at the end of January.
“I would like to thank Martin and Tony for their contribution and the exemplary leadership they have shown in their time at AstraZeneca. We wish them well in their future endeavours.”
Pascal Soriot, commenting on Martin Mackay and Tony Zook’s departures.
The full Senior Executive Team is now as follows:
• Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
• Simon Lowth, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director
• Mene Pangalos, Executive Vice President, Innovative Medicines
• Bahija Jallal, Executive Vice President, MedImmune
• Briggs Morrison, Executive Vice President, Global Medicines Development
• Paul Hudson, Executive Vice President, North America
• Ruud Dobber, Executive Vice President, Europe
• Mark Mallon, Executive Vice President, International
• David Smith, Executive Vice President, Operations &, IS
• Lynn Tetrault, Executive Vice President, Human Resources &, Corporate Affairs
• Katarina Ageborg, Chief Compliance Officer
• Jeff Pott, General Counsel
The appointment of Executive Vice President, Global Portfolio &, Product Strategy will be made at a later date.
“This new senior executive team structure, that draws heavily from the leadership talent within the company, enables us to bring an even sharper management focus to key pipeline assets, key brands and key markets, and helps us further accelerate decision-making.”
Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, AstraZeneca.
Pascal Soriot will announce full-year 2012 financial results for AstraZeneca on 31st January.
Don't miss your daily pharmaphorum news.
SUBSCRIBE free here.