The Chronic Kidney Disease Drug Development (CKD3) Summit is back for the 3rd year! The industry’s definitive forum dedicated to developing more innovative, targeted and clinically successful drugs to more meaningfully address chronic kidney disease.
Gathering 100+ cross-industry experts from nephrology, cardiology and endocrinology, this year’s attendees will analyze and overcome challenges in diabetic kidney and rare glomerular disease drug development.
From foundational science for target identification through to patient recruitment and costings of approved drugs in orphan indications, hear from 30+ speakers and gain candid insights on the latest results to inform your pipeline from concept to clinical trials.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Scientists have estimated that 14% of the United States population has CKD and kidney disease now accounts for about $114 billion, or 20%, of all traditional Medicare spending each year.
The landmark CREDENCE trial and approval of Invokana has dominated and dramatically changed the renal arena in the last 12 months, so now we must look to the future and ask ourselves what is next for Chronic Kidney Disease Therapeutics?
From navigating trial endpoints to the potential and practicalities of precision medicine, the CKD3 Summit will unite preclinical, clinical and medical affairs decision makers under one roof to:
- Interrogate patient data sets to identify genetic drivers and targetable mutations to advance the progress of more precise, targeted and disease-modifying precision medicine
- Understand mechanisms driving beneficial effects of SGLT-2 inhibition and define standard of care in high eGFR populations to inform additional drug development opportunity and strategy
- Assess novel bioengineering technologies to enhance disease recapitulation in vivo and improve the predictability of drug discovery for glomerular diseases
- Leverage the potential of AI to create and manipulate hypothesis from large data sets for greater understand of mechanisms driving disease and meaningful targets for drug development
- Navigate patient recruitment, regulatory approval and reimbursement for orphan indications, and assess the opportunity to deliver a wider public health benefit at a later stage
Splitting into dedicated translational and early clinical, and late stage clinical and commercial drug development tracks; experts from tissue transcriptomics through to pricing and reimbursement are gathering at the 3rd CKD3 to deliver meaningful, early-to-late stage insights and more confidently drive the end-to-end development of candidates that will deliver additional clinical effect.
Join expert speakers including:
- Yshai Yavin, Director, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Development, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Uptal Patel, Executive Director, Clinical Research, Gilead
- Matthias Kretzler Professor of Medicine Nephrology/ Internal Medicine & Bioinformatics, University of Michigan
- Andrew King, Head of Renal Discovery & Translational Medicine, Chinook Therapeutics
- Bruce Culleton, Vice President, Chief Medical Officer & Kidney Care, CVS Health
- Frank Czerwiec, Chief Medical Officer, Goldfinch Bio
- Jeremy Duffield, Global Head of Human Biology, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Jyothis George, Global Head of Diabetes Clinical Development, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Ravi Kumar, Senior Vice President & Chief Scientific Officer, Acceleron Pharma
- Radko Komers, Director, Nephrology, Retrophin
- Romer Gonzalez-Villalobos, Associate Director CKD/ NASH, Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Scott MacDonnell, Associate Director, Cardiovascular & Fibrosis Research, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
As a Pharmaphorum reader, benefit from 10% off of your registration. Simply enter PHPH10 when you check out here.