Ninth annual World Cancer Series: Europe will explore cancer control for all people in Europe
Members of the media are invited to register here
The 9th annual summit will explore cancer control for all people in Europe by bringing together major stakeholders: policymakers, healthcare professionals and providers, regulators, payers, investors, industry and patient groups. It will focus on transformative prevention, care and treatment in the context of the European Beating Cancer Plan. As the plan is implemented, speakers will assess how statistics from member states align with targets. The summit will discuss how to accelerate momentum towards achieving the plan’s objectives with a focus on the personal—what will the interventions and initiatives mean for people in Europe?
Topics to be covered during the conference include: Taking stock of progress on Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan, prevention, achieving equitable access to radiotherapy, lung cancer screening, and women’s cancer among others.
Over 350 people are joining the event in Brussels. The two-day summit features over 90 speakers and welcomes an audience representing policymakers, healthcare providers, industry leaders, academics, patient groups and investors.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for health and food safety, European Commission
- Arūnas Dulkys, Minister for health, Lithuania
- Malvika Vyas, Strategic advisor to the board, European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) and founder, Global Cancer Strategies
- Fatima Cardoso, President, Advanced Breast Cancer Global Alliance
- Denis Lacombe, Chief executive, The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)
- Andrei Baciu, Secretary of state, Ministry of Health, Government of Romania
- Mina Gaga, Former alternate minister, Ministry of Health, Greece
- Kateřina Konečná, Member, European Parliament
- Sara Cerdas, Member, European Parliament
- Antoni Comin i Olveres, Member, European Parliament
A full list of speakers can be found here
Themed tracks will help attendees explore in more details specific issues:
- Progress towards Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan
- Effective measures to prevent cancer
- The importance of radiotherapy
- Innovations in diagnosis
- Focus on lung cancer and women’s cancers
Additionally, the agenda features extensive networking opportunities and cross-industry sessions to leverage synergies and encourage cross-sector engagement. View the full agenda
Sponsors of World Cancer Series Europe include: GSK, Janssen, MSD, Varian and Telix. Media partners All.Can, ABC Global Alliance, Bio Partner, Clearstate, Digestive Cancers Europe, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, Health Management, Hospital and Healthcare management, Medtube, Pharma Advancement, Pharma Focus, Pharmaphorum, The Arab Hospital Magazine, EPC, UICC, World Pharma Today, ECL and Eucope.
More details about the week, including the programme and a link to register, are on the event website.