Editor (Deep Dive)
Manage the publication and production of Deep Dive magazine (content planning, commissioning, editing, interviewing, writing, managing advertisers and review process).
To provide in-depth and informed content for readers, drawing and increasing readership and visibility of pharmaphorum, presenting the company as an authority in the industry, raising awareness of its products, building excellent relationships with contacts and thereby funneling prospective clients to paid opportunities.
Support website content for other channels when appropriate, including subbing of features and news in the absence of other editorial team members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning and organising features and Deep Dive content
- Monitoring analytics
- Creating and developing marketing plans/press releases/marketing copy/social media promotion plans for Deep Dive
- Producing articles, Deep Dive
- Quality control of all articles/written content/layouts
- Communicating with relevant people in-house and externally to manage content and expectations regarding content – unpaid and paid. Including editorial staff, design staff, marketing staff, advertising staff and external contributors.
- Evaluating and decision-making regarding article enquiries/submissions and Deep Dive content
- Using relevant computer programs, CMS, Harvest and Capsule
- Self-development – keeping up to date with latest thinking and developments in the industry
plus any responsibilities for other staff if applicable, typically:
- managing others in publishing team to produce content/marketing/layouts/Deep Dive promotion
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Excellent editing and writing skills in English with a demonstrable portfolio of published work
- Experience of commissioning articles, including paid content
- Experience of working with content management systems, ideally Word Press
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, specifically Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
- Working knowledge of SEO concepts
- Attention to detail
- Creative mind
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
- 8+ years proven work experience as a managing editor, ideally web content
- 5+ years working within pharmaceutical industry or healthcare environment