Editor’s voice: April
You’re probably wondering what I’ve done with pharmaphorum’s Managing Editor, Rebecca Aris, who usually writes the Editor’s Voice, so I’d better quickly introduce myself as pharmaphorum’s new Assistant Editor.
I admit I’m still learning when it comes to knowing everything about the pharma industry, but with an editorial background I’m here to help the team bring you more daily content, surrounding some fascinating upcoming themes (but a little bit more about those themes later on…) From today, Rebecca and I will take it in turns each month to share our thoughts on what’s been happening behind the scenes of the pharma industry’s primary facilitator of thought leadership and innovation.
“I’m here to help the team bring you more daily content, surrounding some fascinating upcoming themes”
We’re pleased to say that pharmaphorum is expanding more and more every day – you’ll definitely need to keep your eyes open for some exciting developments that are on the cards for the next few months. You may already have noticed some changes, including more video and audio interviews, an increased number of daily articles and a bigger push on pharmaphorum’s social media outlets (you should also know, that this month sees Paul Tunnah hosting his debut social media workshop – stay tuned until next month to find out more!)
Highlights from, an even busier than usual, April
This part’s extremely easy this month, because we’ve had some great contributions for our market access themed month. Experts throughout pharma shared their thoughts on topics such as pricing, reimbursement and health economics, from a variety of different perspectives – executive, physician, patient, national, global – the list goes on.
Here’s my pick of some highlights you just can’t miss this month:-
• Make sure you watch our two-part video interview with Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive of the UK’s National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence speaking with our Managing Director, Paul Tunnah. In our “Executive perspectives: Andrew Dillon part 1”, Sir Andrew discusses the role NICE plays within healthcare, while in “Executive perspectives: Andrew Dillon part 2”, Sir Andrew and Paul talk specifics about the challenges NICE faces – both videos are well worth watching.
• Our latest social pharma faces interview is with digital and social media expert, Faisal Ahmed, who explains some of the most common mistakes pharma companies make when implementing social media, as well as revealing a few tips of his own.
• Trevor Lewis provides us with a dramatic view of the future as innovators try and find new ways to fight diseases and healthcare regulations continue to develop.
• Our very own Rebecca Aris discusses the latest global market access trends after attending the “Pharma pricing &, market access outlook” event.
• Ruben Gennero gives us an insight into the different market access approaches in Latin America.
• Plus, listen to our interview with Grainne Higgins from Shire Pharmaceuticals Switzerland, who shares with us her thoughts on successful talent management.
“Make sure you watch our two-part video interview with Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive of…”
A look towards May…
As April draws to a close, it’s probably a good time to tell you what’s on the agenda for next month. May is our mobile health month, featuring a variety of expert opinions from within this rising field. From how you can optimise your website for mobiles, to the affects of mobile health in India, we already have a number of interesting articles up our sleeves, which we can’t wait for you to read.
Plus, if you’re already part of the growing mobile health evolution, we’re sure you’ll gain a number of digital tips and tricks you can implement into your strategies, too.
As I mentioned earlier, pharmaphorum has a lot more fascinating themes coming your way over the coming months. We hope you’re excited about them as we are!
• June will be all about emerging markets.
• July is our clinical trials month.
• In August we’ll be focusing on the realm of rare diseases.
• September is going to be digital month.
Do you have something to say about any of these topics? Here at pharmaphorum, we’re always on the lookout for expert contributions, so if you’re interested, please get in touch.
Likewise, if you have any suggestions as to how we can improve our services for you, please let us know.
So until next time, keep reading and enjoy!
About the author:
Hannah Blake is the Assistant Editor of pharmaphorum, the primary facilitator of thought leadership and innovation. For any queries or contribution suggestions, please contact her here or via Twitter @Hannah_Blake2.
Have you got something to say about the pharma industry?