PM Society digital media awards showcases pharma talent
The UK’s PM Society held its annual digital media awards dinner on Thursday evening in London, with an impressive turnout of over 500 guests, representing predominantly the UK’s leading digital agencies and their pharma clients.
Not content with just one warm up act, the PM Society treated the audience to two great comedians in the guise of Paul Sinha (who rather took a shine to one team member from Atlantis Healthcare) and Dominic Holland, who took great delight in the similarities between the award presenter from Elsevier, Peter de Jong, and his “lookalike” footballer Robbie Savage.
In total, 15 awards were handed out on the night, plus the coveted digital pioneer award. Representation was strong in all categories, with the final awards going to:
• Representative led digital selling tool “off-line PUSH”: Creative Lynx in conjunction with Havas Life Medicom for Janssen’s Xeplion.
• Self-directed remote digital selling tool “on-line PULL”: Creative Lynx for GSK’s Combodart.
• Digital patient communications programme – patient education: Havas Life Medicom for the EAASM’s Counterfeiting the Counterfeiter.
• Digital patient communications programme – patient adherence / compliance: Creative Lync, supported by MedNet Consult for Janssen’s Maintaining Adherence Programme.
• Healthcare professional educational programme: Big Pink for Astellas’ Qutenza.
• Healthcare professional website: woolley pau gyro for Abbott’s Talking AS.
• Digital solution for congress / symposium: Tonic Life Communications for Roche / Chugai Pharma’s rheumatology-congress.co.uk.
• Multi-channel campaign: Creative Lynx for Janssen’s Xeplion.
• Digital tools for use in a practical setting: woolley pau gyro for Abbott’s Talking AS.
• Corporate communications: OMP Digital for Boehringer’s MOTIV8 Magizine.
• Craft award – film and animation: Big Pink for Servier’s Colours of Emotion.
• Craft award – mobile: Swordfish Advertising for Sandoz’s Bringing GHD to life with Augmented Reality.
• Craft award – gamification: Aurora for Janssen’s Sorted: The Daily Organiser.
• Innovation Award: Creative Lynx, supported by MedNet Consult for Janssen’s Maintaining Adherence Programme.
• Digital account or project management award: Hannah Newman from RFA Advertising and Marketing.
To conclude the evening’s presentations the final, much coveted, award of digital pioneer was awarded to Jon Vernon from GSK, who was described as “inspiring, innovative and a true leader in the digital space”.
Despite the focus being very firmly on digital pharma, it was nice to see the loudest applause of the evening (and a standing ovation) reserved for guest appearances from two members of the Paralympics GB cycling team – Jody Cundy and David Stone.
This PM Society’s chosen charity to support with this year’s event was Bliss, which provides essential support for premature and sick babies.
Don't miss your daily pharmaphorum news.
SUBSCRIBE free here.