Want to work at pharmaphorum? We’re hiring (UK & US)
Senior Account Director – pharmaphorum Connect
pharmaphorum connect, part of the pharmaphorum media group, is a connected healthcare engagement agency helping clients drive conversation and collaboration with their customers and influencers globally. Our core team of healthcare communication experts contains both publishing and industry experience and is complemented by our global network of partners.
We deliver strategic and tactical projects, at the senior level, that help our pharmaceutical industry clients use digital content and social media to engage key external stakeholders, with our projects typically encompassing the following areas:
- Brand communications, at critical points such as medical conferences, disease awareness campaigns, publication of new data and product launch
- R&D communications, to drive partnership and engagement with the research community
- Patient engagement, for research and co-creation
- Corporate content and social media strategy, to coordinate a cohesive story
You can see more about our work and sample projects at www.pharmaphorumconnect.com
As our client base rapidly expands, our team is also growing rapidly and we are currently recruiting a Senior Account Director in both the US and UK to act as a frontline expert dealing with current and future major clients.
Within an organisation that is growing exponentially, you will have a high level of exposure, significant responsibility and opportunity to rapidly accelerate your career as we continue to grow. You will also be able to tap into the networks and reputation of pharmaphorum to gain unrivalled access to senior personnel within the pharmaceutical industry and our associated ecosystem of partners (e.g. other service providers, patient / physician communities, medical associations, patient organisations, technology companies and influential individuals).
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of strategic and tactical expertise in digital content and social media engagement, be extremely organised, hands-on and a detail-orientated team player. We are looking for an independent, entrepreneurial individual who can rise to the challenges of differing client projects and identify / solve problems without step-by-step instructions. Finally, keep in mind that this is a client-based service position; we pride ourselves in doing what it takes to do the job right.
As a Senior Account Director, your main role will be to manage the agency’s biggest accounts, a variety of US, UK, EU, and Global pharmacos and biotechs to ensure continued delivery of high-quality projects while developing new relationships within these organisations. In addition, you will be expected to lead pitches and proposals for new and existing clients, working closely with other senior pharmaphorum personnel, including the CEO.
Day to day, you will be overseeing and developing the existing team of account managers, with line responsibility, and playing an active role in shaping the future direction of the agency. This team must have a strong dynamic based on openness, mutual respect, and drive to do the best work of their careers. Most importantly, an innovative culture is critical as we continue to innovate and grow.
Essential skills & responsibilities
- Proven experience in a similar account director or senior account director position in a healthcare communications/digital agency or consulting environment
- Significant expertise of digital content and social media engagement, with a track record of delivering results both strategically and tactically
- A pharmaceutical or healthcare background is a must, as well as a strong grasp of this industry as a whole
- Line management experience, as well as the ability to successfully manage relationships from account executive upwards
- Especially strong verbal and written communication skills and be seen as a credible voice of reason to both clients and internal stakeholders alike
- Ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Ready and willing to aid in new business process including idea contribution, research, proposal preparation and pitching
- Educated to a degree level
If this sounds like fun and you’re a smart-thinking and talented professional who wants to accelerate their career, then we want to talk to you!
Please send your resume, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: SRACCTDIR